Monday, February 05, 2007

2007 LIVESTRONG Challenge Philadelphia

Even though here in New Hampshire, it's a cold day in February, I'm already working toward a long summer day's bike ride -- to support a great cause. I registered for the 2007 LIVESTRONG Challenge Philadelphia, benefiting the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I'll ride my bicycle 100 miles around the City of Brotherly Love on August 26 with a team representing Cyclists Combating Cancer.

Today, there are more than 10 million people living with cancer in the United States. Close to 1.4 million more will be diagnosed and more than 560,000 will die from cancer this year alone. The global toll is far greater. Although progress has been made, we must do more.

This is my fifth year with the LIVESTRONG movement, working to make cancer a national priority, save lives by applying what we already know, find new cures, and inspire and empower cancer survivors.

I'm aiming high this year, looking to raise at least $20,000 toward the cause.

Please consider sponsoring my ride. Click here to make a secure, instant online donation. Your sponsorship gift in any amount adds another needed voice.

Thank you for your support, and please help spread the word. Together, we can make a difference.

Live strong,
Scott

No comments: